اپیدمیولوژی زخم معده در ایران مطالعه ای براساس یافته های اندوسکوپیک بصورت سیستماتیک

برازنده, فرهاد and یزدانبد, عباس and پورفرضی, فرهاد and قاجاریه سپانلو, صدف and درخشان, محمدحسین and ملک زاده, رضا (1391) اپیدمیولوژی زخم معده در ایران مطالعه ای براساس یافته های اندوسکوپیک بصورت سیستماتیک. Middle East Journal of Digestive Diseases ــ 4 (2). pp. 90-96. شاپا 2008-5249

Text - Published Version

Official URL: http://www.mejdd.org


Epidemiology of Peptic Ulcer Disease: Endoscopic Results of a Systematic Investigation in Iran

English Abstract

BACKGROUND Peptic ulcer disease is a multifactorial health problem affecting almost all populations worldwide. Large scale population-based studies are crucial to understanding its scope and specifications in various nations. We aimed to explore environmental risk factors of peptic ulcer disease in the first population based study in Ardabil, Northwest Iran. METHODS This study was a part of a larger survey on upper gastrointestinal tract health conducted in Ardabil and Meshkinshahr with a total catchment area population of 600,000 persons during 2000-01. Using a random sampling proportional to place of residence, 1122 persons aged 40 or elder were selected. 1011 (90.1%) accepted participation and underwent a comprehensive medical examination and a systematic upper gastrointestinal endoscopy. Point prevalence of peptic ulcers was correlated to various life style risk factors. RESULTS Gastric and duodenal ulcers were identified in 33 (3.26%) and 50 (4.94%) participants, making an overall prevalence of 8.20%. Based on multivariable logistic regression analyses, H.pylori infection (OR 3.1, 95% CI: 2.1-4.7), Smoking (OR 1.8, 95% CI: 1.1-6.8), and chronic intake of NSAIDs (OR 2.8, 95% CI: 1.3-4.4) were main risk factors of gastric ulcer. For duodenal ulcer, in addition to H.pylori infection (OR 5.6, 95% CI: 1.9-8.8) and Smoking (OR 2.3, 95% CI: 1.4-6.5), male gender (OR 3.6, 95% CI: 1.2-5.8) and living in an urban area (OR 1.9, 95% CI: 1.1-5.2) were among significant risk factors. CONCLUSION This is the first population-based endoscopic study in North West of Iran reporting accurate point prevalence of peptic ulcer disease. The rate of 3.3% for gastric ulcer and 4.9% for duodenal ulcers are substantially lower than the estimates reported in Asian population-based endoscopic studies but higher than European reports.

Item Type:Article
زبان سند : انگلیسی
نویسنده اول :فرهاد برازنده
نویسنده :عباس یزدانبد
نویسنده :فرهاد پورفرضی
نویسنده مسئول :رضا ملک زاده
Additional Information:indexed in these databases: EBSCO , CINAHL ,IMEMR , DOAJ(Directory of Open Access Journals) ,IndexCopernicus , Free Medical Journals , ProQuest , ISC (Islamic World Science Citation Center , SID (Scientific Information Database) , IranMedex(Indexing Articles Published in Iran Biomedical Journals) 11.MagIran(Iranian Magazine Database)
کلیدواژه ها (انگلیسی):H.pylori ; Peptic ulcer disease ; Epidemiology
Subjects:WB Practice of Medicine
WI Digestive System
Divisions:Faculty of Medicine > Department of Pediatrics , Community Medicine
Faculty of Medicine > Department of Internal Medicine , Cardiology , Infectious
ID Code:4163
Deposited By: Dr Shahram Habibzadeh
Deposited On:17 Feb 1392 09:09
Last Modified:26 Jul 1395 07:57

Repository Staff Only: item control page

Document Downloads

More statistics for this item...