برآورد سرعت انتقال مایکوباکتریوم توبرکولوزیس در میان جمعیت ایران

اله یار ترکمن, محمدرضا and شیخ الاسلام, فاطمه مریم and فرنیا, پریسا and شاه حسینی, محمدحسن and مظفری, محدثه and ولایتی, علی اکبر (1391) برآورد سرعت انتقال مایکوباکتریوم توبرکولوزیس در میان جمعیت ایران. در: The 13th Iranian & The Second International Congress of Microbiology, July 14 – 16, 2012, Ardabil - Iran.

Text - Published Version

Official URL: http://congress.arums.ac.ir/index.php/IICM/5/sched...


Estimated Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Transmission Rate among Iranian Population

English Abstract

Background & Objectives: Population structure of infectious disease is often characterized by genetic markers. In the case, mycobacterium tuberculosis vastly investigated to understand its dynamic population structure and transmission rate among effective population. Although a number of attempts have been motivated by mycobacterium tuberculosis data include IS6110 or MIRU output, but we aimed to use spoligotyping result and RTI, RTIn-1 and TMI indices to calculate transmission rate in Iranian population. Methods: One hundred two M.tuberculosis isolates were subjected to spoligotyping according to standard protocol and then analyzed by RTI, RTIn-1 and TMI indices, also it completed by simpson’s index. Results: 77.2% of strains were isolated from Iranian and the remaining was isolated from immigrants (22.8%) that referred to our centre for diagnosis and treatment. About RTI, RTIn-1 and TMI indices that might between zero up to one hundred which means no diversity to infinite respectively, thus we calculate 0.75, 0.65 for RTI, RTIn-1 respectively and 0.15 for TMI also 0.19 for simpson’s index. According to estimated indices 0.75, 0.65 for RTI, RTIn-1 are pretty high volume estimate among Iranian population also more accurate data than estimated result in Iran before because of mathematical support for these methods. Conclusion: In spite of RTI, RTIn-1 that are close enough to true estimate, TMI is in need of estimation of genetic marker mutation and even more complicate the number of mutation in each level of research so this index is not accepted. Beside low rate of simpson’s index show high quality of experiment. Overall, new transmission indices provide more accurate and reliable way to follow up transmission rate among Iranian population.

Item Type:Conference or Workshop Item (Poster)
زبان سند : انگلیسی
کلیدواژه ها (انگلیسی):Mycobacterium tuberculosis ; Transmission Rate ; Iran
Subjects:QW Microbiology and Immunology
WA Public Health
WA Public Health

WC Communicable Diseases
WF Respiratory System
Divisions:Vice Chancellor for Research and Technology > Deputy for Research and Technology management and Medical Information > University of Management Conferences and Congresses
ID Code:5193
Deposited By: MS Soghra Golmaghani
Deposited On:16 Oct 1392 10:00
Last Modified:16 Oct 1392 10:00

Repository Staff Only: item control page

Document Downloads

More statistics for this item...