title

معیارهای رادیولوژیکی برای تشخیص افتراقی کانسرهای مری

رفاهی, سهیلا and پورعیسی, مسعود and مشعوفی, مهرناز (1387) معیارهای رادیولوژیکی برای تشخیص افتراقی کانسرهای مری. در: بیست و چهارمین کنگره بین المللی رادیولوزی ایران, 6-3 اردیبهشت ماه 1387, هتل همای شیراز.

[img]
Preview
Text - Published Version
93kB

Title

Radiological criteria for differentiation of esophageal cancers

English Abstract

Objectives: Esophageal cancer is one of the most lethal of all neoplasms. Contrast barium studies have been accepted as the most radiological technique for diagnosing esophageal cancer. We aimed to evaluate the radiological aspects of patients with esophageal cancers seen at our center. Methods: We evaluated 80 patients with cancer of esophagus presenting at Imam Khomeini hospital, Tabriz, Iran, between January 2005 and September 2007. The evaluation included radiological aspects, pathological and demographic characteristics patients with esophagus cancer. Location, size, histologic type and cardiac involvement of tumors were assessed. Data were analyzed by SPSS software. Results. There were 50 males and 30 females, with a median age of 58.4 years (rang 30-90). Among 80 patients with esophageal cancer, 72/80 (90%) were diagnosed as SCC and the remaining 8/80 (10%)as adenocarcinoma. 41/80 (51.3%) were located in the lower third esophagus. The most common location of tumors was middle third of esophagus in females and lower third of esophagus in males. involvement of cardia was observed in 8/8 (100%) of adenocarcinoma. 36.1% of lesions were infiltrative in SCC vs. 12.5% in adenocarcinoma. Cardia involvement, vegetation and stagnation were most freqent in adenocarcinoma. Conclusions: This approach suggests that cardiac involvement combine with vegetation and stagnation can be useful tool in diagnosis of adenocarcinoma in the lower third esophagus.

Item Type:Conference or Workshop Item (Poster)
زبان سند : انگلیسی
نویسنده مسئول :سهیلا رفاهی
Uncontrolled Keywords:رادیولوژی - مری - کانسر - معیار
کلیدواژه ها (انگلیسی):esophageal - cancers - radiology - criteria
Subjects:WI Digestive System
WN Radiology . Diagnostic Imaging
Divisions:Faculty of Medicine > Department of Basic Sciences > Department of Health Information Management
Faculty of Medicine > Department of Basic Sciences > Department of Medical Physics
ID Code:896
Deposited By: MS Soheila Refahi
Deposited On:14 Oct 1388 05:38
Last Modified:08 Dec 1391 10:08

Repository Staff Only: item control page

Document Downloads

More statistics for this item...